Home Top Ad

Mini Cheesecakes

Share:


mini cheesecakes topped with a strawberry on a cake stand





















Decadent, irresistible and utterly delicious these mini cheesecakes are the perfect way to prepare dessert for a crowd. I’ve made two versions here, one with a strawberry topping and one with salted caramel. You can’t go wrong if you serve these to your guests!

The Best Mini Cheesecakes!

First of all, please do not bake these cheesecake cupcakes in foil liners! I learned the hard way. I made these cupcakes for a get together for like 40 people. I made them a day in advance and had poured them into foil liners to bake.
That night they tasted fine and the next day they tasted like the foil so I had to throw all 24 away. Luckily I had made some other cupcakes but still, it was horrible throwing away so many cupcakes.

They should smack a warning across the label of the foil liners, WARNING this may make your food taste like metal. I don’t think I’ve ever even used foil liners, so maybe I got a bad brand or something but I don’t know that I’ll be using them again.
A close up of Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cupcakes

cheesecake cupcakes topped with strawberry sauce on a plate
Anyway on to these cupcakes of mouthwatering perfection. During what would be “my last supper” before I die someday, I want cheesecake to be there and every other carb-heavy high calorie comfort food there is for that matter :).

The Toppings

I made this recipe to be creamy and velvety smooth, with just the right amount of sweetness because that is how I prefer my cheesecake. I also couldn’t decide whether to do a caramel topping or a strawberry sauce so I did half of each and I don’t know that I could pick a favorite.
So, in other words try them both (note that each of the sauce recipes make enough for 24 cupcakes, so half if making both). You could even make a different topping like a blueberry, raspberry, caramel apple, Nutella or chocolate sauce.
If you want the actual cheesecakes to have more of a caramelly flavor (if making the salted caramel), you can simply replace the granulated sugar with brown sugar. Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cupcakes on a blue board

What You Need To Make These Cheesecakes

  • graham crackers
  • cream cheese
  • sugar
  • flour
  • sour cream
  • heavy cream
  • eggs
  • butter
All you need is simple and easy ingredients to whip up these easy desserts. Then you just need to decide which topping to go for (recipes for both below).
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cupcakes with an open wrapper

How to Do You Make Mini Cheesecakes?

  • Prepare crust mixture then divide among paper liners and press into an even layer.
  • Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
  • Prepare filling pour over graham cracker crust layer.
  • Bake 18 – 23 minutes (centers should jiggle slightly).
  • Cool 1 hour at room temperature then 2 hours in the fridge.
  • Top with caramel or strawberry topping.
cheesecake cupcakes topped with strawberry sauce on a plate

Top Tips To Remember

  • Don’t use foil liners, I did once and ended with a metallic tasting cheesecake.
  • Make these in advance then top with the topping just before serving.
  • You can keep the cheesecakes in the fridge or freeze (without topping).

No comments